-- Langues de Bretagne --
BZH New York organized in New York a conference to defend regional languages in France
As people gathered across numerous cities of France in defense of their regional languages (voir notre article), BZH New York joined with other French regional associations of New York to organize a conference at City University of New York to highlight the endangered status of our languages.
The panel discussion was led by: Charles Kergaravat, president BZH New York; Marie-Reine Jezequel of the Diwan movement; Thierry Kranzer, President of l'Union Alsacienne de NY; Michela Cresci, CUNY Graduate Center; Jason Sanderson, Georgetown University, Lisa Gouffrant, Basque Committee of NY, moderated by Daniel Kaufman, Endangered Language Alliance, and Juliette Blevins, Endangered Language Initiative, CUNY.
A largely American audience gained a better understanding of viability and continuity of our regional languages, causes of endangererment, non signature by France of the European Charter of Regional or Minority Languages, benefits of Biligualism, language revitalization programs, practices, and conservation and revitalization.
BZH New York would like to offer special thanks to CUNY and the Endangered Language Alliance for hosting us for this historic event. www.bzh-ny.org
- Tributes Paid To Breton Language Campaigner par Editorial room
- Bucharest Declaration to the Republic of France for the recognition of linguistic diversity par Kevre Breizh
- Information About Breton Language Group Ai?ta! par Celtic League
- An award for Francis Boutle publishers par Gwyn Griffiths
- The « Great West »in France, or the death of the breton language ! par Ai'ta ! Bro Gwened
- 50,000 people claiming for regional languages rights in France par Fanny Chauffin
- BZH New York will protest in New York-City on March 31st for the regional languages in France par BZH New York
- Conference on Pan Europe Preschool Minority Language Programme par Celtic League
- France: Regional language bill unveiled par Celtic League
- Days of the Breton language in Ireland, in Galway par Breizh Eire
- BREIZH/BRITTANY: SUPPORT GROWS FOR BRETON LANGUAGE CHARTER par Celtic League
- Day of the Breton language in Ireland par Breizh Eire
- Alan Stivell denounces French Academy and Senate par Philippe Argouarch
- The Languages Pact or how to reconcile French people with their regional languages. par Émilie Champliaud
- Days of the Breton language in Ireland / Laethannta na dTeanga Briotáinise in Éirinn par Breizh Eire