-- Culture --
Publié le 8/07/21 14:57 -- mis à jour le 08/07/21 14:57
The Victoria and Albert Museum has just revealed the first details of its upcoming programme for 2022-2023 in one of its most international and varied programmes to date.
Among the highlights worth underlining, the V&A in Dundee (which opened to the public in September 2018) will display a much anticipated exhibition on tartan from 2 April 2023 to 3 September 2023.
A radical new look at one of the world’s best-known fabrics, Tartan will celebrate the global story of a unique pattern which has connected communities worldwide, expressed tradition, revolt and diversity, and inspired playful and provocative design. It is a complex, rich, and sometimes painful history unequalled by any other cloth or pattern. Tartan is a textile which is adored and derided, inspiring great works of art and design, and representative of unity and dissent, tradition and rebellion. While originating in textile traditions, tartan has also been an inspiration for, and incorporated into, art and design cultures including architecture, product design, fashion, film, fine art, and performance. Tartan has become a global symbol of unity and revolution, and the exhibition will explore the incredible impact that the textile has had on fashion and design around the world up to the present day. This is the first major exhibition curated by V&A Dundee, with consultant curator Jonathan Faiers of the University of Southampton, UK.
Open Thursday - Monday
10.00 - 17.00
Adresse: 1 Riverside Esplanade, DD1 4EZ Dundee
Téléphone: +44 1382 411611
Website : https://www.vam.ac.uk/dundee
• Twitter: @V_and_A
• Instagram: @vamuseum
• Facebook: @VictoriaandalbertMuseum
- Breizh Tartan Deiz 2018 par ACB44 le 29/05/2018
- Breizh Tartan Deiz 17 juin 2017 à Blain par le 02/06/2017
- Arms research exhibition protest par Celtic League le 23/03/2017
- Breizh Tartan Deiz, les hommes en kilt : le retour par Didier Lefebvre le 29/08/2016
- Pour cause de pénurie d'essence, Hentoù Breizh et Essor Blinois contraints de reporter le 2e Breizh Tartan Deiz par Didier Lefebvre le 24/05/2016
- Tartan Deiz à Blain : avec sa deuxième édition, il s'inscrit dans la durée par Didier Lefebvre le 21/02/2016
- 1er Tartan Deiz à Blain (44) par le 10/03/2015
- Un tartan day à Paimpont par Prey le 11/04/2012